Events EditThese are notable events taking place in the Second Age, listed (approximately) chronologically:
- The two major dwarven cultures of the time, the Eastern Dwarves and the Western Dwarves, met for the first time.
- The goblin Sturd betrays the Great Orc. 
- The human empire of Naptesh is founded.
- The human empire of Tsuandan is founded.
- The elves known today as the Highborn Elves sail to Celeda Ablan and colonise it.
- The elves known today as the Highborn Elves give the dwarves logging rights of the Wyscan forest, to the dismay of the elves living there (today known as Sylvan Elves). This sparks animosity between all three factions involved.
Unless otherwise specified, text that green italic in the list above uses the World Hymn poem and tapestry as its source.
The World Hymn Edit
Main article: World HymnThe World Hymn is a dwarven carving of a poem that details all the nine ages of the world. It was later copied to an Equitan tapestry and supplemented with imagery. A transcript of the poem and the image for the second age are both shown below. 
A time of gold a time of growth
The world was our inheritance
So rich the land so ripe it lay
Our people free, we grew at last
In riches grand and oathbound troth
And long lost kin we were to find
That golden time as West met East
Though trouble brewed and ne’er we saw
That fair-eyed orc that Akrübad
Who soon to come would take and bind
We folk of stone our oaths as firm
And in the Mountains of the Moon
We bound our fates and paid our debts
To kin and kith our honor bound
And wealth to grow to come full term
And all this while the elves did sail
To take the seas and make their seat
On island shore so far from home
Fair Celeda Ablan they wrought
To ply the world on ev’ry gale
And men did then forge crowns and kings
O’er land as far as grass does grow
Yet no good lasts all things take wing
- ↑ Jorge Zamoran; An account of the peoples, nations and monsters which inhabit the world: Orcs and Goblins (T9A:FB Rulebook, v1.3.5, p143)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World Hymn: the 2nd Age (T9A:FB Rulebook, v1.3.5, p127)
- ↑ Nazario Calegari (953 A.S.) Circling the Abyss: part VIII - The Way Barred, The Beacon Tower, The Mouths of Hell (T9A: Circling the Abyss, p18)
- ↑ Tales from the mad hermit Rodomonte (The 9th Scroll, issue #9, p21)